A lot of people don’t understand AMD’s upcoming Bergamo CPU. SemiAccurate has put out several bits of information on it but now we can tell you about how it performs.
The short version is that Bergamo is a monster, the performance numbers made our eyes open pretty wide. Before you turn your noses up and think this is all hyperbole, remember the last time we used that term for a CPU? Go to the end of that article and see how right our ‘guesses’ were, almost like we knew what we were saying. And this time we are saying it again for Bergamo with a few hints as to what it means for Genoa included too. Strap in, this one is fun.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Raja Koduri and Dr. Randhir Thakur out at Intel - Mar 21, 2023
- What does Intel’s Emerald Rapids bring to the fight - Mar 21, 2023
- A new ARM code name for a new market pops up - Mar 20, 2023
- A big ARM server project shut down in silence - Mar 14, 2023
- A bit more on AMD’s Genoa memory issues - Mar 13, 2023