With the recent acquisition of ARM by Nvidia, pending, one has to ask how the partners are taking it. Not well was the resounding reply when SemiAccurate asked, and then some more interesting information slipped out.
What SemiAccurate heard was what the backup plan for ARM going to Nvidia was, or at least part of it. The news comes from one major phone SoC supplier, lets call it a top 5 vendor, and at this point the plans to make RISC-V SoCs are going forward regardless of the deal being approved or not. That said it was well underway before the deal was announced, our sources say it has been going on for about a year now.
Note: The following is analysis for professional level subscribers only.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel updates roadmaps at Analyst Day 2023 - Mar 29, 2023
- Intel’s Emerald Rapids has a big secret - Mar 27, 2023
- Raja Koduri and Dr. Randhir Thakur out at Intel - Mar 21, 2023
- What does Intel’s Emerald Rapids bring to the fight - Mar 21, 2023
- A new ARM code name for a new market pops up - Mar 20, 2023