SemiAccurate noticed a new AMD CPU pop up between Milan and Genoa on the recent roadmaps. What is this new generation part and what does it imply?
This new part is both more and less than what people are thinking but the implications are not what people are probably thinking. It is not a Kaby Lake. Or Coffee Lake. Or Whiskey Lake. OK, enough digs, it does not change AMD’s roadmap timing at all, that is still bang on what they promised years ago, but this new part is quite interesting.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Raja Koduri and Dr. Randhir Thakur out at Intel - Mar 21, 2023
- What does Intel’s Emerald Rapids bring to the fight - Mar 21, 2023
- A new ARM code name for a new market pops up - Mar 20, 2023
- A big ARM server project shut down in silence - Mar 14, 2023
- A bit more on AMD’s Genoa memory issues - Mar 13, 2023