Today Qualcomm is introducing the Snapdragon 865+ SoC. Once again the sparse details in the update mean this is going to be a short article.
What does the + bring to the Snapdragon 865? A prime core speed boost to 3.1GHz peak, 10% more GPU performance, and 802.11ax in the 6GHz band aka Wi-Fi 6E. It doesn’t appear to be a new die so this is likely the result of improved performance from a maturing TSMC 7nm process and possibly a higher TDP. Be still my beating heart. The end.S|A
The following two tabs change content below.
Roving engine of chaos and snide remarks at SemiAccurate
Charlie Demerjian is the founder of Stone Arch Networking Services and SemiAccurate.com. SemiAccurate.com is a technology news site; addressing hardware design, software selection, customization, securing and maintenance, with over one million views per month. He is a technologist and analyst specializing in semiconductors, system and network architecture. As head writer of SemiAccurate.com, he regularly advises writers, analysts, and industry executives on technical matters and long lead industry trends. Charlie is also available through Guidepoint and Mosaic. FullyAccurate
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Raja Koduri and Dr. Randhir Thakur out at Intel - Mar 21, 2023
- What does Intel’s Emerald Rapids bring to the fight - Mar 21, 2023
- A new ARM code name for a new market pops up - Mar 20, 2023
- A big ARM server project shut down in silence - Mar 14, 2023
- A bit more on AMD’s Genoa memory issues - Mar 13, 2023