The carolling moles of Hillsboro are singing a song of yuletide greetings that are echoing around the 10nm deep Cannon Lake. A lake of coffee spiked with rum can jolt some holiday cheer into the folks at Intel, and SemiAccurate is hearing some interesting numbers.
We all know about Intel’s Tick, Tock model going to Tick, Tock, Sproing!!!! when Kaby Lake slid into the roadmap. (Please note that analogy is not ours but we can’t name the former Inteller who cracked it, we will just call him Nic* Knupffe* to disguise his identity) You might recall SemiAccurate’s exclusive on this in May of 2015, we got the cadence wrong but that is the price you pay for being a year early with news. This time we got the news triple confirmed about Cannon, so what is going on?
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Raja Koduri and Dr. Randhir Thakur out at Intel - Mar 21, 2023
- What does Intel’s Emerald Rapids bring to the fight - Mar 21, 2023
- A new ARM code name for a new market pops up - Mar 20, 2023
- A big ARM server project shut down in silence - Mar 14, 2023
- A bit more on AMD’s Genoa memory issues - Mar 13, 2023