So what are the specs for AMD’s upcoming Zen based SoCs, specifically Raven Ridge? SemiAccurate can bring you most of the goodies but given the launch window some things are a bit fuzzy.
You might recall at Computex AMD was showing their presentations and the Zen video itself on a Zen based system. This was a bit self-referential but they broke that trend when they showed it running the new Doom a few days later at E3. In short this part is nearly ready, runs publicly, and if it can run Doom tolerably, should be a pretty good all around consumer part. Assuming the specs are solid. Luckily you can now decide that for yourself.
(Note: Fudo got this first but missed a few details. Also his Horned Owl/Great Horned Owl code names and timetables are for the embedded/server versions)
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel’s Emerald Rapids has a big secret - Mar 27, 2023
- Raja Koduri and Dr. Randhir Thakur out at Intel - Mar 21, 2023
- What does Intel’s Emerald Rapids bring to the fight - Mar 21, 2023
- A new ARM code name for a new market pops up - Mar 20, 2023
- A big ARM server project shut down in silence - Mar 14, 2023