The news that SD cards are going to be replaced by UFS cards is not news, the specs for UC is. At a recent presentation, someone revealed the timelines and specs for this new format to SemiAccurate.
As a service to the industry that is only possible because the spec hasn’t been officially announced, lets all agree to call UFS Cards UC shall we? If we leave it up to the marketers and committees, we will all be stuck with something like Universal(R) FilE(TM) SYSTEM(C) for Small and Medium(R) Devices (L) intended for Registered Media(M) Sharing and Transfer(TM) or UFSFSMDiRMSaT for ‘ease’ of use. It is UC everyone, _RIGHT_? We have a chance to stop stupidity before it takes hold, do your part people. Now on with the specs.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD manages to make the Ryzen 7040U look worse than it is - May 4, 2023
- Is Microsoft looking to buy silicon expertise? - Apr 3, 2023
- Intel updates roadmaps at Analyst Day 2023 - Mar 29, 2023
- Intel’s Emerald Rapids has a big secret - Mar 27, 2023
- Raja Koduri and Dr. Randhir Thakur out at Intel - Mar 21, 2023