EVER GONE SKIING on a Southern Island in Vancouver? If not, then the upcoming graphics chips from ATI are for you.
Short story, some of the names for the Southern Islands family of next-gen ATI GPUs are all based around Vancouver. The names that have come our way are Whistler-Blackcomb, Robson and Seymour.
These names have been floating in the background since the Southern Islands name first hit print, the Ibiza, Cozumel, and Kauai names are Northern Islands parts, which is the generation after the Southern Islands. There is absolutely no truth to the rumor that ATI will name the post-Northern Islands parts after the great bogs of Europe.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD launches six new ‘old’ Milan CPUs - Nov 9, 2023
- How big is Qualcomm’s Snapdragon X Elite SoC? - Nov 2, 2023
- Microsoft to introduce “AI PC” branding - Nov 1, 2023
- A look at AMD’s new Threadripper 7000 line - Nov 1, 2023
- AMD fights Meteors with paper at Ryzen 8000 launch - Oct 18, 2023